If you live in athleisure like me, this one's for you. Here are my picks for the best leggings, tops, sports bras and more at different price points!
I'm a firm believer in the positive relationship between wearing cute gym clothes and working out more. On college campuses, the athleisure trend is in full force. It's really tempting to hoard 50+ pairs of leggings in every color of the rainbow, but most university housing options will not accommodate your addiction (I'm sorry). It's so important to be aware of what pieces are truly worth purchasing and which ones you should pass on. Here are my top picks!
(left to right)
1. Cotton On Back to School Tight, $10
I've heard decent things about these/Cotton On's activewear collection, and for only $10, they're worth a try!
2. Queenie Ke Power Flex Capri Leggings, $17.99
Amazon's legging selection is so underrated. Queenie Ke is an amazing workout clothing brand that carries styles (not just leggings) that are decent Lululemon dupes. Reviews say these are true to size. If you decide to order off of Amazon rather than their website, use this code: UGZXVLRR for 10% off! Free shipping if you have Amazon prime!
3. 90 Degree by Reflex High Waist Power Flex Capri, $28.99
90 Degree has decent leggings for the price you pay, but I've honestly heard better things about Queenie Ke! Apparently, they're sister companies. I have two pairs of these and I got them at TJ Maxx for less than $20, so definitely check there before ordering online. Size down if you have to!
4. Gymshark Flex Legging, $38 (+shipping*)
This is my favorite Gymshark legging I've tried so far! The material is really stretchy and breathable and the fit is extremely flattering. The Flex legging is also sweat and squat proof. Keep in mind that this is a mid-rise legging, not high rise, and in my opinion it runs true to size. Shipping can be a pain, it's $10 to ship if your purchase is under $75, free if it's over $75. Always check Postmark- a lot of times you can find brand new leggings with tags still attached! That's how I got my Dreamy Leggings. Gymshark is having a huge sale on a lot of their items right now, be sure to check it out! Also, a lot of people don’t know this, but they offer a 10% student discount.
5. P'tula The Alainah II Allure Leggings, $45.50 (on sale!! Usually $65!)
These leggings are incredible. I have the first version, and I LOVE them. They are the best dupe I've tried for the infamous Lululemon Align pants, and I prefer them for intense workouts because they are more sweat proof and durable. These are the new and improved version, meaning that they are TTS, as the other ones ran a size big. Highly recommend!!!
6. Lululemon Speed Up Crop, $88
7. Lululemon Align II Pants 7/8, $98
The infamous Align leggings. Are they worth it? In my opinion, absolutely. They are buttery soft and extremely flattering. Sadly, these are one of the most pile-prone leggings I have ever encountered. Make sure you are very careful with these- wash them in cold water and avoid cardio. I'm usually a size 4 in lululemon but a size down to a 2 for the aligns.
1. Queenie Ke Power Flex High Waist Pants, $20.99
2. 90 Degree by Reflex Phone Pocket Power Flex Legging 7/8, $29.99 (on sale!!)
3. Queenie Ke Mesh Leggings, $25.99 (on sale!!)
4. Gymshark Fit Leggings, $36
5. Gymshark Ombre Seamless Leggings, $50
6. Girlfriend Collective Compressive High Rise Legging, $68
These leggings are made from recycled water bottles! Sustainable & adorable.
7. Lululemon Fast & Free Tight 7/8, $128
1. Forever 21 Active Racerback Tank, $12.90
2. Forever 21 Active Twist Front Top, $14.90
When it comes to finding affordable and cute gym tops, I feel like Forever 21 and Fabletics are your best bet!!
3. 90 Degree By Reflex Power Flex Tank, $12.99 (free shipping on Amazon prime!)
4. Gymshark Essential Tee, $22
5. Queenie Ke 2 in 1 Tank Top, $23
A really good dupe for Lululemon's Free to be Serene tank!!
6. Lululemon It's a Tie Tank, $38
Okay, this tank is pretty pricey but it's worth it! Lululemon's quality is unparalleled by most companies in the fitness apparel industry. I consider this item to be one of their more affordable styles, although that isn't saying a lot. In this case, you're practically getting three shirts in one! My favorite way to wear this guy is wrapped around me with the v neck in the front. So flattering! I wear a size 4 in this top. My bust is about a 34.5" and my under bust is around 29-30".
7. Gymshark Energy Seamless Cropped Vest, $32 (on sale!!!)
8. Gymshark Vital Seamless Long Sleeve Crop Top, $20 (on sale!! 50%off!!)
3. Sports Bras
1. Forever 21 High Impact Sports Bra, $12.90
2. Queenie Ke Free to Be Sports Bra, $20 (Amazon coupon: UGZXVLRR)
An AMAZING dupe for Lululemon's Free to be Wild sports bra. They didn't even bother to change the name. Absolutely love this bra, but it does run pretty small. I have a really small under bust (30D) and the small is tight for me. I guess it gives it more compression, but I do wish that I could test out the size medium to compare. The sizing is very limited, so keep that in mind!
3. Gymshark Fit Sports Bra, $28
4. Nike Indy Sports Bra, $30
So flattering! True to size & light support.
5. Lululemon Free to Be Wild Bra, $48
6. Alo Yoga Vixen Fitted Crop Top, $60
1. Forever 21 Active Hooded Knit Top, $15.90
2. Gymshark Crest Hoodie, $20
3. Gymshark Cropped Raw Edge Hoodie, $29.40 (on sale!!)
4. Aerie Snap City Hoodie, $34.95 (on sale!!)
5. Nike Versa Crew Top, $65
6. Paragon Fitwear Verona Hoodie, $55
7. Carbon38 Gili Hoodie, $155
1. Fabletics Pismo Performance Sneakers, sold out :(
I've heard such great things about these sneakers! They are extremely affordable if you take advantage of the VIP price. Unfortunately, this particular style is sold out, but be sure to keep checking the site for new styles!
2. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Seasonal Low Tops, $39.97 (on sale!!)
I highly recommend a flat shoe like Converse to do butt/leg day in. Shoes like these ensure that you are pushing through your heel, therefore activating your glutes and hamstrings.
3. New Balance 247 Lace Up Sneakers, $55.96 (on sale!!)
This pair of shoes is extremely versatile, perfect for workouts and walking to and from class. These are also one of the cutest pairs of sneakers I've ever had.
4. Puma NRGY NEKO Running Shoe, $69.99
5. Nike Flex Supreme 6 Training Shoe, $79.99
6. Adidas Original NMD R1, $99.99 (on sale!!)
7. APL Techloom Pro, $140
1. Champion Womens Jersey Joggers, $19.99
2. Cotton On Studio Pant, $19.95
3. Gymshark Slounge Leggings, $36
4. Gymshark Solace Bottoms, $36.80 (on sale!!)
The sand color is sold out, sadly, but the black and charcoal are on sale!
5. Carbon38 Jogger, $98 (on sale!)
6. Nike W Nk Prf Breathe Rd Sweatpants, $120
7. Free People Movement Kyoto Leggings, $128
Hope you enjoyed this Splurge & Save!! Stay tuned for some posts coming up next week: how to make money in college & my fitness transformation!